Divorce, Family Law and Criminal Defense Attorneys Serving Milwaukee for More than a Decade
Aggressive representation when it matters the most
Our legal team at Laster & Associates, LLC focuses on the areas of law that matter most in your life: your family and your freedom. We understand that a divorce impacts every part of your life. Your personal, emotional and financial futures are at stake. Similarly, criminal charges also have a significant impact on your life and your future. Our goal is to guide and protect you when you are facing difficult decisions and challenges.
Delivering top-quality legal services
We take pride in offering you legal services you can depend upon. When you partner with us to handle your family or criminal law matter, we provide:
- Affordable fees. We are proud to provide outstanding services at competitive rates. We are willing to work with you to ensure you can afford our services.
- Concise advice. Our goal is to thoroughly explain all of your legal options in a manner that allows you to make an educated decision. We ensure that you are fully prepared for whatever your case entails.
- Flexibility. We understand that family and criminal law require flexibility from the attorney who represents you. We strive to work around your schedule to meet your legal needs.
Helping with child custody, legal separation and other Milwaukee family law matters
We provide a wide range of family law services. We have the compassion and the determination to aggressively negotiate or litigate and protect the best interests of you and your children. We provide assistance with:
- Child custody and support. Your children are your focus when you’re going through a divorce or legal separation, so their best interests are our top priority. Whether you are arguing over joint custody and sole custody or visitation time, our firm is fully equipped to help you with your child custody and support dispute. We also fight to ensure your children receive fair and full financial support.
- Separation. For a variety of reasons, some couples wish to legally separate without going through a formal divorce. In Wisconsin, there is a mandatory 120-day waiting period between initiating this proceeding and having it finalized.
- Division of property. We understand that obtaining a fair and equitable division of assets is essential to your financial future after a divorce. We also fight to ensure that you do not end up with an unfair amount of the marital debt.
- Alimony. Spousal support is often a contested issue during the divorce process. The purpose of spousal support is to prevent the divorce from being financially devastating to you. We fully investigate your spouse’s finances, including assets and property ownership, to make sure you are paid the support you are entitled to receive.
- Post-judgment modifications. When your life circumstances undergo significant changes, you need help modifying your divorce decree to reflect your new situation. Changes that may warrant a decree modification include alterations in child support due to the loss of employment or the relocation of a parent that affects child custody.
Criminal defense for minor to serious offenses, including drug charges
When you have been charged with a crime, it is important to seek the help of a skilled Milwaukee criminal defense attorney. Our legal team has experience helping with:
- Drug charges. Crimes like possession or distribution of illegal substances, such as marijuana, cocaine and heroin, must be taken seriously. The same is true for criminal charges involving prescription medications like Oxycontin, codeine and hyrdrocodone. We provide tenacious representation when you are facing a drug crime.
- OWI charges. Wisconsin’s alcohol laws are very strict, and violators are harshly prosecuted. If you are charged with driving under the influence (OWI), you may end up with a permanent criminal record that negatively impacts your life. A OWI conviction could lead to license revocation, large fines, increased insurance premiums and jail time.
- Domestic violence charges. Charges for domestic violence are serious and strictly prosecuted. If you are facing charges for abuse and want the best possible outcome, it is essential to obtain experienced legal representation.
- Weapons charges. Wisconsin has tough gun laws. If you are convicted of weapons charges, you face losing your right to possess a firearm or, even worse, jail time.
- Assault and battery charges. Assault is the threat of committing violence, while battery involves actually carrying out violent acts. These crimes are typically charged together.
Expungement and pardons
If you need help removing a previous conviction, we may be able to help expunge your records. We review your individual circumstances and the charges you seek to expunge, and help determine whether you are eligible for expungement.
The governor of Wisconsin has the power to pardon or forgive a person convicted of a crime. Numerous factors must be considered in seeking and obtaining a pardon. Our legal team has experience with expungement and pardons, and we are prepared to help you.
Schedule a free consultation to discuss your family or criminal law matter
The Milwaukee attorneys at Laster & Associates, LLC provide support, compassion and skilled representation when you are facing a divorce or a criminal charge. We are conveniently located in downtown Milwaukee, across from the Cathedral Square Park. Street parking is available, and we reimburse you for any parking-related expenses. Our attorneys offer flexible hours by appointment. Contact Laster & Associates at 414.376.4387 or online for a free, 30-minute initial consultation. Se habla español.